Read through our frequently asked questions. If you need additional information send us an email.
1. Where is your furniture made?
Our furniture is made here in Bigler, Pennsylvania.
2. When constructing your furniture, do you mix solid wood with man-made materials such as press-board or particleboard?
No, we only use solid wood in the construction of our furniture. Fiberboard and particleboard are man-made materials formed from leftover wood scraps and sawdust. This type of man-made “wood” can be prone to expansion and failure due to moisture should it come into contact with water and is not very durable.
3. Why do you use dado, mortise and tenon joints?
The joining technique we use to construct furniture results in very strong case and drawers and frames and corners that stand up to frequent opening and closing and use. For added strength, we glue all joints so consumers can be confident that their furniture will last a long time.
4. Other manufacturers use press-board to construct furniture. Why does Station Platform 9 choose not to?
Press-board furniture is not designed to last like solid wood furniture. It can warp and expand if it comes into contact with water. It is not easily moved once assembled and can be damaged in the process in the un-assembled or reassembly process. Also, there is a risk of formaldehyde, which is used in the creation of press-board, being released into the air.
5. What furniture customization options do you offer?
Customize your furniture poroid style with hardware, stain or an antiqued or rustic distressed finish.
6. Can I order solid wood furniture directly through you?
Yes. We sell our furniture to consumers.
7. I want to sell your furniture in my showroom. Who do I contact?
You can contact us by phone at 440-213-7388 or complete and submit the dealer inquiry form to contact us by email.
8. Can I furnish my entire house from your collections?
Yes, we craft furniture for the kitchen to the bedroom and the office. View our furniture by collection to see the types of furniture available.